(This webinar is already loaded in paid Pittsburgh AIHA Member's online e-learning classroom)
Amidst the flood of information about the COVID-19 pandemic, one of the greatest risks is missing key intelligence that can protect health and save lives. This town hall-style webinar, co-hosted by AIHA and the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), will address occupational health and safety professionals’, industrial hygienists’ and infection preventionists’ questions about ventilation, surface disinfection, respirators, construction issues, occupational health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants will hear from Larry Sloan, AIHA CEO, Katrina Crist, APIC CEO, and presenters Roberta Smith and Lewis Johnson.
The webinar is free of charge for AIHA and APIC Members, as well as the general public. CIHs and CICs may earn 1.5 contact hours toward their respective accreditations.
- The difference between a procedure mask and an N95 respirator as well as emergency use of industrial-grade respirators;
- The role of contact, droplet, and airborne transmission of COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- The appropriate PPE for droplet and airborne precautions;
- Alternatives to respirators;
- The differences in the infection prevention approach for non-healthcare locations;
- Identifying locations within a hospital facility where COVID-19 exposure is most likely to occur;
- The six potential problems with rebalancing general ventilation to create negative pressure zones for use in place of AIIR.
Click below to sign up:
Register for this free webinar